The Delta Kappa Gamma Educational Foundation was established in 1964. Generous contributions from the Society, members, chapters, and friends provide funds to support DKGEF Projects that carry out the Mission and Purposes of the Foundation. Gifts to the Educational Foundation are welcome at any time and are tax deductible in the United States. The Foundation spends more than $150,000 each year to support creative projects, seminars, and professional development. Since its inception, the Educational Foundation has awarded grants totaling nearly $4 million in its efforts to improve, enrich, and encourage intercultural understanding and educational excellence. Click the Donate tab to make a contribution to The DKG Educational Foundation.
Lucile Cornetet bequeathed the largest gift ever granted to the Society. The Cornetet Fund for Professional Development was established in 2005. The proceeds from this investment are administered by The Delta Kappa Gamma Educational Foundation to support professional development of educators.
The Lucile Cornetet Professional Development Fund offers assistance to educators in two ways:
- Cornetet Individual Professional Development Awards (CIPD) – All professional educators may apply for these competitive awards. Application forms are available on the Apply > Cornetet Professional Development-Individual. Deadline dates are February 1, May 1, and September 1 of each calendar year.
- Cornetet Professional Development Seminar Awards (CSPD) – Regions, areas, or state organizations of The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International may apply for this award to offer professional seminars in their areas. Application information and forms for the November 1 deadline are available on the Apply > Cornetet Professional Development-Seminar.
A total of ten Trustees serve on The Educational Foundation Board. Elected members (six) serve for a period of six years (two members rotate off and two new members join after elections at the biennial international convention). The current Society president, 1st vice president, and immediate past president serve as Trustees during their term in office. The DKG Executive Director serves as the Board' s secretary/treasurer. Clerical support and office space for The Educational Foundation Board are maintained at the Austin headquarters of The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International.
The Board of Trustees, composed of members of the Society:
- Administers the affairs of the corporation
- Formulates and carries out its programs and policies
- Manages acquisition and disposition of the property of the corporation
- Approves the annual Foundation budget